Assuring the best possible uptime, giving our customers full peace of mind
Wanted: a multi-skilled Field Service Engineer (electrically biased)
Chris Maatman LinkedIn
Excited to secure the best possible uptime at your customers?
What is your assignment?
In this field-based position you play a key role in properly diagnosing and resolving technical issues on the wide range of Voortman's CNC controlled steel plate and beam processing machines.
The fast response to Support & Service and adequately solving the problem onsite makes that you will contribute to maximize the uptime and production output at customers throughout the UK and Ireland.
How do you achieve this?
Although 90% of the technical issues are solved by phone or e-mail through the Voortman support department, it is still possible that disruptions cannot be solved remotely. This is the moment that you step in. You will be planned for a scheduled visit during the daytime to diagnose and solve the technical problem onsite.
Whilst executing service jobs, you will fault find down to module and component level and complete onsite repairs until the issue has been fixed. You are able to analyse and sort electrical faults as well as mechatronic, mechanical, hydraulic and software-related faults in installed machinery. As a Field Service Engineer at Voortman you are responsible for all onsite communication with the customer and will have the full support of a highly qualified team of engineers working from the headquarters in the Netherlands.
To optimize customer satisfaction and help secure the best possible uptime you have an eye for potential improvements in the service process and share these with your team.
Together with your British colleagues, one Field Service Engineer and one Maintenance Engineer, you will be covering the whole of the UK and Ireland installed-base from home and report to the Service Manager in Rijssen (NL). An exiting part of this position is that you also can be scheduled for an onsite service visit outside the UK!
What will you bring to the table?
- a minimum of 4 years experience within troubleshooting or fault finding; ideally a multi skilled service engineer or maintenance engineer looking to start a career in field service
- recognized Engineering qualifications in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Mechatronics, or related HNC / HND
- a practical approach to engineering problems; familiar with diagnosing and repairing a wide range of industrial equipment
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- a clean UK driving license and flexibility to travel UK-wide, and beyond
What about the company?
Voortman Steel Machinery, a division of the Voortman Steel Group is active in the steel fabrication and plate processing related industries for more than 45 years now. The ongoing innovations and developments, market knowledge and professional staff brought them to the level they are now: a globally recognized supplier of CNC controlled steel processing machinery with a worldwide spare parts and service availability.
With international subsidiaries responsible for sales and service, they are a globally recognized supplier with thousand's of Voortman systems installed. They continually develop their equipment range to enable them to keep at the forefront of technology and in step with any new developments in the market.
The head office is located in Rijssen, Overijssel. But Voortman is working around the world with more than 400 colleagues. They all experience a young organisation with open communication, short lines, high involvement of management and colleagues due to a close multidisciplinary cooperation.
"Every day we work together on our products for our customers, with pride, passion and pleasure".
Voortman Steel Machinery
Plaagslagen 16, 7463 PH Rijssen
PO Box 83, 7460 AB Rijssen
City West Business Park
Gelderd Road, Building 3
Leeds, LS12 6LN
What will you get in return?
A CONTINUOUS FOCUS ON GROWTH
- a proactive, international company with a young staff (average age of 35 years old)
- working with a variety of technically challenging equipment, full training will be provided when necessary
- a wide range of positions and development opportunities as an employee
- great responsibility and independence in a no-nonsense, informal culture
- room for entrepreneurial spirit and initiative thanks to short lines of communication
- 27,000 ft2 of technology and innovation at the Voortman Experience Center
Who will be your customers?
Multi system integration in practice! Voortman enables their customers to increase the output of production, reduce idle time throughout the process, increase occupancy of machine and reduce cost of operation.
“We believe the benefits of the automation, both technically and the machines, will allow us to operate with minimal personnel, with maximum output from the machine lines.”
What will be your products / services?
The future is now! Voortman is in the final stages of development with The Fabricator, a machine that will add automated welding to MSI systems for even more efficiency. Implementing MSI now builds a solid foundation for adding future technology in steel fabrication. Read more about the science of automation.
Are you interested?
Region:North of England - Manchester or Leeds Area
Please apply immediately if you are looking for a combination of innovation and craftsmanship. For more information, feel free to contact Roy van Eijk or Bas de Vries on +44 (0)20 7096 2855.
- What is your assignment?
- How do you achieve this?
- What will you bring to the table?
- What about the company?
- What will you get in return?
- Who will be your customers?
- What will be your products / services?
- Are you interested?
- Job alert